Educate, Equip, and Support: Building Hope (EES)
Train the Trainer Course
Awarded the 2013 “Program of the Year” at the 33rd Annual CMHACY Conference
Ideal for Parent Partner/Family Advocates and parents/caregivers who currently or previously have parented a child receiving services in the mental health system, this three (3) day train-the-trainer course will certify participants to conduct the 14 week EES course in their community.
- Signs, symptoms, and children’s mental health diagnosis information
- Stages of brain development
- Treatment options
- How to access mental health treatment
- The role of child welfare
- Overview on schools, special education, and the IEP process
Upon completion participants receive a UACF certificate of completion and will be prepared to conduct the 14 week EES courses to interested parents/caregivers in their communities.