Parent Partner 101
This three (3) day training is ideal for newly hired Parent Partner/Family Advocates as well as parents/caregivers who are either currently employed or have an interest in employment in the public mental health system.
This curriculum, designed to specifically prepare individuals for entrance into the mental health workforce in a manner that is ethical, successful, cultural and linguistically competent, is built upon family driven and youth guided principles.
- Parent Partner/Family Advocate roles and responsibilities
- Overview of the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA)
- Cultural competence & sensitivity
- The family-driven parent partner program
- System navigation
- Ethics, accountability, and leadership
Upon completion, participants will receive a UACF certificate of completion.